Monday, February 14, 2011

Senior General Than Shwe’s speech is ‘slurred’

0 comments
 
Monday, 14 February 2011 21:36 Ko Wild

Chiang Mai (Mizzima) – A lawmaker said that Burmese Senior General Than Shwe’s speech was ‘slurred’ when he greeted the lawmakers one by one at a dinner party on Saturday to mark the 64thAnniversary of Union Day, according to a lawmaker.

‘When he greeted me, I was aware that his speech was slurred’, the lawmaker said told Mizzima on the condition of anonymity. ‘He asked me where I came from. And he told me with a slur that he was glad to meet me. He is too old, that’s why his voice was slurred. And he walked with a slight limp’.

The state-run newspapers published on Sunday featured  pictures of Senior General Than Shwe and the members of the State Peace and Development Council, who were greeting the lawmakers.

Another lawmaker told Mizzima that although the invitation letter said that Senior General Than Shwe and his wife would give the dinner, he did not see Kyaing Kyaing at the dinner.

Leave a Reply